CBD for Pets? Facts You Should Know About
CBD is an interesting topic for discussion due to its growing popularity as a medical treatment. CBD, or cannabidiol, is extracted from the cannabis plant. Unlike THC, another component of cannabis, CBD will not make you high. CBD offers many benefits to humans such as relief from pain. So now the question is, Is CBD effective for pets as well?
A recent study has shown that CBD is not only effective for humans, but several other vertebrates as well. Dogs and cats, the most common pets in the U.S., can also benefit from CBD. Here are a few points to help you better understand why and how to use CBD for pets.
- CBD is derived from hemp and considered to be an effective painkiller. Hemp is a useful plant with many medical properties, and it contains TCH only in low levels. CBD has fewer side effects than prescribed pain relievers. However, you need to get pure CBD for best results. Pure CBD does not contain THC, so it will not intoxicate your pet. It has a calming effect to soothe pain and excited nerves.
- CBD is easier for pets to consume than most pills. It is not convenient for pets to swallow pills with water like humans do. CBD pills that are made for pets are easy to consume, as they can be easily hidden in a treat.
- Often, the medicines that the veterinarian prescribes for your pet have side effects that can negatively affect the pet’s immune system. Instead, CBD can be used as pain reliever for pets with no negative effects.
- CBD for pets is a new science, and the benefits of hemp are slowly coming to the attention of the public. In many states, medical marijuana is legalized now, due to its high therapeutic value. Therefore, it is expected that more options related to CBD will be discovered in future.
- Euthanasia should the last option for putting an end to your pet’s pain. CBD acts as an effective pain reliever that will aid in making your pet comfortable again without resorting to euthanasia.
For a better solution to the pain plaguing your furry friends, choose CBD for pets. The facts listed above describe the many benefits of CBD, but you should consult your veterinarian before giving it to your pet. The effect of medicines can vary from one pet to another, so consultation is needed to avoid any bad situations.