How Should I Use CBD for Arthritis?
It is believed that time takes away all pain, but some pains grow with time and add on to your suffering. Arthritis is a medical ailment characterized by the inflammation of joints, usually accompanied by severe pain and stiffness. It is a common disease that bothers a large number of people worldwide, and there are several categories of the ailment like osteoarthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Although arthritis has several far-reaching effects on degenerating joints, the patients suffering from it crave immediate relief from the pain it causes. Apart from conventional medical treatments, the use of natural drugs like CBD for arthritis is gaining huge popularity among patients.
CBD and cannabis plant extracts have anti-inflammatory properties along with minimal chances of side effects. This makes them the most preferred remedy for immediate relief from painful joints. Moreover, CBD and cannabis plant extracts induce better mobility and sleep in patients. These natural drugs help reduce dependence on opiates and NSAIDs.
Here are some tips to consider while using CBD for arthritis or other joint pain.
- Although any method used to deliver CBD for pain works effectively, the fastest pain relief comes from vaping, using tinctures or applying it directly to the affected area.
- Topical CBD products are quite popular among patients suffering from arthritis, as these products help get rid of pain within minutes.
- Patients undergoing treatment for rheumatoid arthritis prefer to take CBD orally. This eases the pain but sometimes can lead to intake of the drug in higher amounts. Processing CBD in the stomach makes it more powerful and thus can generate some side effects.
- Medical experts recommend using THC in combination with CBD only at night because THC is a psychoactive drug. Both of these drugs synergize together to relieve the pain.
- At the outset, patients should start with lesser amounts of CBD, and then the dosage can be adjusted according to the patient’s needs. The standard dosage of THC and CBD are 2.5 mg and 5–10 mg, respectively.
- Terpenes that are extracted from whole plant cannabis prove great pain relievers when paired with CBD for arthritis and joint inflammation. B-caryophyllene, pinene, and myrcene are the types of terpenes popular among arthritis patients.
- CBD, cannabinoids, and compounds in cannabis inhibit the formation of cytokines, which are pro-inflammatory chemicals. Thus, these natural compounds help reduce the inflammation of joints and help patients live pain-free.