CBD Oil – How Does It Treat Depression?
Depression is a major mental health concern these days. It is a state of mind that negatively affects one’s way of feeling, thinking, acting, etc. Fortunately, this disease is curable, but the patient needs care and affection. It is not only medicine that treats depression, but also love and care from family and friends. The World health Organization stated that depression has affected more than 350 million people across the globe. There are so many people who are still unaware of the disease and the need for treatment or who misunderstand it as just sadness.
Here, we will discuss the common signs and one type of medication for this disease. The CBD benefits for depression are way better than those of more common medications. Why? Continue reading to find out.
Symptoms of Depression:
- A constant sadness.
- Sudden changes in appetite.
- Unusual weight loss or gain.
- Lack of sleep.
- Lack of energy and high fatigue.
- Feeling guilty or worthless.
- Difficulty thinking, concentrating or making decisions.
- Lack of interest in activities once enjoyed.
- Thinking about death or suicide.
There is a huge difference between sadness and depression. Sadness is a normal emotional state, whereas depression is not. Depression makes one’s life miserable and needs to be treated. Conversely, sadness goes away gradually with time or with the influencer.
There are multiple ways of treating this mental illness. The treatment process includes medication, psychotherapy and electroconvulsive therapy (ECT). Here we will talk about medication.
Doctors generally prescribe an antidepressant to the patient depending on the severity of their depression. But the patient might become addicted to the medication, and this is not a permanent solution anyway. There are multiple risks involved with such medicines; this is the reason people are beginning to consider CBD benefits for depression.
This disease perhaps has already taken control of your life, and you are struggling to find an escape route. Before deciding whether to buy CBD oil, consider some of the proven facts and study reports:
- A study from 2010: This botanical extract has properties like Imipramine that work as an antidepressant.
- A study from 2011: The endocannabinoid plays a prominent role in fighting depression. Deficiency in endocannabinoid signaling can increase the production of the depressive-like phenotype. On the other hand, sufficient endocannabinoid signaling can produce biochemical effects with antidepressant effects.
- A study from 2016: This study shows that CBD gives a better and faster result.
- Another study from 2016: The benefits of CBD for depression include treating clinical state and anhedonia.
Why is CBD considered for depression?
CBD does not have psychoactive properties like THC does, despite being an active ingredient of cannabis. The effects of CBD can counteract the effects of THC. When compared to other drugs, it is completely safe to use, and the positive effects are almost immediate. But you should know the proper dose of the oil while using it as a form of antidepressant medication.
Compared to other psychiatric drugs, this all-natural extract is far better, as it has no side effects. For more queries, you can contact CBD Plus.